In case you are wondering, I am not one of those eccentric ladies who only eat one color of food. If you think so though, I know that I can’t do much to change it, as the only food I have posted here is green.
As I’ve mentioned before, I am on a diet. The cakes and cookies I’ve been making are part of my evil plan to fatten everyone around me, so that I will look leaner and more restrained. I am kidding…. when I was a kid I was quite “plump” and whenever something sweet entered the house, my mom made sure to get rid of it as soon as possible. Truth is, I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, I’d rather eat a huge bowl of pop corn than ice cream (I can’t just have one cracker or one crisp, if the bag open it has to go or be eaten). But since I’ve have the tendency to put on weight, there goes this recipe… (with a little cheese on top)
If you are not interested in something healthy and low-cal, please come back in a couple days, I’ll make it up to you, I promise.
A few words about the recipe: Continue reading
According to a Smiths song, “some girls are bigger than others”, but these girls occasionally decide or have to go on a diet, when things have gone too far, especially around this time of the year, before the summer and after Easter, and various occasions when eating was too much. My friend Th. was right when he was saying “a moment of the lips, forever on the hips”, but who knew better?
But, what can you eat to make up? Mosses; Lawn? And for how long can you get by on a minimal low fat, low cal, low everything diet? Especially when someone (don’t want to name any names, but it starts with G_) eats a pile of spaghetti, with 2 kilos of grated parmesan, bacon and a dash of cream, and when a zucchini or a cauliflower gets near him, he reacts like a cat with water. Not to mention about those (rhetorical) question, like “how can you eat that (zucchini, cauliflower etc)”? You are just trying to be patient and get those kilos off and swear that next time you will not let it get out of control.
The only thing you can do is prepare something like this, a“light” pasta dish and forget about dieting for a little bit.
A few words about the recipe:
- It is not a glamorous, or sexy plate, but it will serve its cause
- It is a variation of a recipe my cousin from Italy gave me, with zucchini and carrot, but because I’m not a big fan of carrot I have not used any)
- The quantities are for one person, roughly estimated according to my taste and you can adapt it to suit yours.
- I haven’t used any olive oil as I used some to make the chips, but feel free to use as much as you like
- If you make the eggplant chips, you might as well make some more and keep them in the fridge to eat some other day (you can drizzle the slices with balsamic vinegar) . Continue reading